Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lime Crime Pink Velvet



            Ah! Finally!! Something I was waiting to write about. Lol. This is exciting :D…. because the excitement among ladies before its launch was quite unbeatable. Yeah forget the lipstick for a while but its launch, which was announced months back was so hilarious.

Lime Crime Velvetines is already an acclaimed line among the female crowd. The best seller of Lime Crime which was earlier available in the shades “RED VELVET” and “SUEDEBERRY” decided to launch a new shade called “PINK VELVET” on Black Friday. 

The funny part was that their website jammed for three days. Like seriously??? :o …. I was floored ….. three days …and even after being told by them to give it sometime…the excitement among ladies did not cease. Trust me, on their Instagram page I had read comments like- is the launch as per CST,,,,PST,,,, blah blah ….I would need to put an alarm…lol really??? ; the best was-  I have been trying continuously since 9 hours…..finally went through…OHH GOD!  Madam…. I am glad it went through….else I don’t know how much more time you would have wasted in refreshing the page.. hahaha..that was pretty hilarious. I mean it is not like the world was ending that day….

I got mine after 3 days… when their poor website gained some conscious…..no insanity for me! :D but….but…it took 17 days to arrive…..ohh yeahh!!! A massive flood took place!!

When it arrived... damn!! The packing….wow!! I am a sucker of good packaging let me show you how it looked and also the template of my blog is quite similar.. NO JOKE! :D


Isn’t it beautiful??

            As the name says the texture of this lipstick…. So velvety, smooth, is just marvelous. The shade “red velvet” is a dark red, quite similar to that of MAC’s Ruby woo, warm toned and “Suedeberry”- more of a coral red, cool toned; bit similar to MAC’s Lady danger.  After two best variant of Red, they finally decided to go pink. Yes and as I said in my “Sephora color lip last” review that I am totally a Pink fanatic and a matte lipstick person. This lipstick has to be here. :D. The only thing I don’t like about matte lipsticks is their application; I mean those are dry and difficult to swipe. So Liquid to matte works wonders for me.

Price: $20

What it claims?
Lip stain that goes on liquid and dries completely matte. Touch-proof, long-wearing, and utterly addictive!

Supremely true its words, this lipstick surpassed all my expectations. The color is a cool toned bright pink; more like neon. I just love the pigment. See the picture below, you can see that I applied it the same way I showed in my last post- “Pucker up”. Although I just applied a single swipe, I think double swipe would look even better. I have so many different variants of pink but this one wins the hands down!!


A MUST… MUST have! If you were unable to get it that time, now its available plus you can get it cheaper here (including shipping and taxes).



Past post you might have missed:  



No comments:

Post a Comment