Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

DETOXIFYING NEW YEAR


Fine! Holiday season aka the time of endless junk, alcohol, and gluttony comes to an end. what to do after intoxicating your body with too much of rubbish?

I don’t know why, but this word Detoxification/ detoxifying diet always seemed tempting to me, kind of fancy.

We are what we eat! Heard this old cliché before? Oh no!! That doesn’t mean I am supposed to eat a skinny person just because I am on a weight loss mission lol. But yes detoxification is actually removing toxins from your body/ cleansing your body from within which would directly reflect on your health, body, and skin. 

Detoxifying the body relieves one from digestive problems, pain, acne, bloating, sluggishness, irritated skin blah blah. Wow!! Now well that does sound fancy but in this Google era I am not going to give any lecture on Detoxification and stretch this to tell you what all the things you can do to detoxify your body, 10-20 tips,what routines to follow, and so on. Google it and you can find 100’s of them.

Drink lots of water; eat lots of fiber; exercise; eat no junk; eat fruits, then drink their juice too lol. Well, all of them plus a routine followed will give you immense benefits but let’s get real here; how many of us have time, moreover dedication for this in our daily hustle and bustle. Plus plain water is so boring :(

I am not a person of forced fashion and fake remedies. And yes I have tried all of them, off course for a while. I’ll here give you an honest view on something I have tried and loved! (Remember! I said view, no offence to anyone). I came across this detoxifying water while off course googling, and it is very simple and easy.

ALL I SAID ABOVE IS RUBBISH and CAN BE SKIPPED!! (some information is always good, as not everyone is a googler and knows everything) Here’s the MAIN DEAL:        
  • Two liters of WATER- we know it is everything.
  •  Half of sliced CUCUMBER- has anti-inflammatory properties (can also be directly applied to face, eyes etc.), and provides hydration.
  •  2 sliced LEMONS- Detoxifier, cleanser.
  • 5-6 MINT LEAVES- aids in digestion, good for skin and various diseases
Put the CUCUMBER, LEMON, and MINT LEAVES in WATER. Steep it overnight in refrigerator. Needless to say, DRINK this water. 
I am sure you would love this and how it affects your body and as I said I am on a weight loss regimen I’ll be soon posting some more recipes related to it as well. 
Have a Healthy New Year J.



Past post you might have missed:  Sephora Color Lip Last Number 12

No comments:

Post a Comment