Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

High Protein-Low Cal Wrap!


FOREWORD: People with good knowledge of food and nutrients can directly jump to the recipe, no need to waste time. Everyone else, go on and read. I am sure it will be worth it. 

Ohh yeahh!! As I promised on my "Detoxifying New Year" blog that I would be posting some more of healthy diet stuff because I am myself on a weight loss mission, here we go!

This wrap I am gonna post about is a high in protein and low in calorie wrap. Ohh well!! Not all the healthy food taste disgusting, though I agree most of them DO! 

Ok! Now firstly as I mentioned weight loss mission, even before I tell you about this wrap I want to clear this -- please, like please do not take it as dieting, and to all the people who are dieting please do know what exactly it is, how it is done. I am saying this because I did some nonsense dieting in my 11th grade (now don’t judge me, that was too young of me to understand it) and I am suffering till now, that too really badly. The side- effects take like 2-3 years to show up. I could write another whole blog on it. May be sometime later. For this, let me just talk about this Wrap. But yes it is serious so get your facts straight before you take a plunge into that “ohh-so-tempting-word”- DIETING.

Eating in right proportion and maintaining a balance is important. Proteins are building blocks for our muscles, bones, cartilage etc. Make sure you cut the calories from Fats and Carbs and not from Protein. Well these three are the source of calories, so in any meal try to incorporate right source of protein and cut down fats and carb which in turn will give that meal an adequate amount of calorie plus a good “Good-Cholesterol level to you.

I think I would actually need another blog to explain all of that in detail, although it’s fine as I want to share my experience in whole and everything I know and not just the recipe. A recipe site would be a good option if otherwise! In fact before I started writing blogs I never thought how amazing it would be to know so much from people’s experiences, open your life and touch everyone’s life in some way as well.
  
 Let me first show you how it looks like and then I’ll talk about how I made it.



The MAIN DEAL!
What you need:

Soybean granules or chunks (whatever you like more) [soybeans are an excellent source of protein]
Onion (cut in length, not chopped)
Tomato (cut in length, not chopped)
Garlic (half clove, chopped)
Southwest sauce (optional)
Buttermilk Ranch (optional)

  • Soak some soybean dumpling/chunks in hot water for some time or boil them in water (till they become soft). Drain the water completely and set the soybean aside.
  • Heat half tablespoon oil in a pan and put garlic into it. After garlic turns a little light brownish, put onions into it. 
  • Cook onions till they become goldenish in color and throw in some tomatoes into it. Put some salt and a bit of powdered red pepper into it. Let the tomatoes cook; you’ll see a slight separation of oil from the mixture.
  • Check and Squeeze the remaining water out of soybeans (make sure there's no water in them) and sauté with mixture of onion and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes on low to medium flame. 
  • Take a tortilla or any kind of wrap you would like (try to keep it wheat). Put this mixture in a straight line in the center (see picture above).
  • Squeeze some southwest and a little bit buttermilk ranch sauce on it. Roll it like a wrap or fold it like a taco whatever you wish.

The good thing about this recipe is that nothing is really specific as far as you keep it healthy. You can modify the ingredients as well as their amount as per your taste (put some green veggies). You can use whichever sauce or spices taste good to you (low fat yogurt, mustard etc.) without making it high in calorie.

Rolling the wrap: Place the mixture in the center > fold from both the sides till the center > and then roll it up from the bottom

I am sure you would love the taste. More coming soon. Feel free to ask any questions



Past post you might have missed:  
DETOXIFYING NEW YEAR
Sephora Color Lip Last Number 12


  

No comments:

Post a Comment